Friday, July 22, 2011

Blueberry Farm



I started my day with my daughter at the Blueberry Farm this morning.   My family loves fresh blueberries and picking them ourselves makes them taste even better.  It only seemed fitting that we would bring them home and bake them into a batch of blueberry muffins.  I have been making this blueberry muffin recipe for quite a few years and I don't remember where I got the recipe from.  I do know that it always produces muffins that look bakery shop perfect and taste delicious. 


Blueberry Muffins
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon almond  extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries (I always use a little more.)

Topping
1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon butter




Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl of food processor.  Cut in butter.  Combine egg, milk and extracts.  Slowly pour into food processor while running.  Transfer batter to another bowl and fold in blueberries.  Clean food processor bowl and add topping ingredients.  Pulse until coarse crumbs like textures.


 Line jumbo muffin cups with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.  Using an ice cream scoop, place about 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup and sprinkle with crumb topping.  Bake 30 minutes at 375.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment