Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blissfully Exhausted


Our busy week continues.  Did I mention how much I am loving having the kids home this week?

This is a picture of the kids enjoying their frozen yogurt during our marathon shopping trip. These two can definitely outshop me. 







Mia loves having the kids home from school too.







Having the kids home is wonderful but they are absolutely wearing me out.  By the time 5:00 rolls around, I don't have any energy left to fix dinner.  (I'm sure that there are other mom's out there who can relate.)  I am so thankful that my menu was already planned so at least I didn't have to decide what to make for dinner while in this exhausted state.  Last weekend when I was planning menus for the week, I anticipated some long days with the kids so I planned super easy dinners.





Stromboli was the perfect meal to fix when I have very little energy.  It requires very little effort but everyone loves it.





Stromboli
1 pizza dough                                 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
4 ounces salami                             1 egg
4 ounces turkey                              1 teaspoon sesame seeds
4 ounces provolone                        4 ounces roasted red peppers



Roll pizza dough into a 12x10 rectangle.  Place meat and provolone over dough.  Top with peppers that have been sliced and patted dry. Since the kids don't like roasted red peppers, I only put them on half of the stromboli.








Sprinkle with cheese.  Roll dough, starting with long side.  Place seam side down on baking sheet and brush with egg wash.




Sprinkle with sesame seeds.  Cover with foil that has been sprayed with Pam and bake 25 minutes at 400.  Remove foil and bake another 25 minutes. 

Get creative with your stromboli and add different vegetables like mushrooms, olives and onions. Change out the meats and add your favorites to create a stromboli to suit your own tastes. 


This is also a great meal to fix when we're eating on the go.  I slice the stromboli and wrap each portion in foil and then store it in an insulated cooler until we are ready to eat.  It's a great little sandwich to eat while your watching your favorite game.



Time for me to go - I need to rest up for our next adventure.  

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment