Thursday, June 7, 2012

Flip Flop Nutter Butters


 





It's officially summer - have you heard those dreaded words from your kids yet?  "There's nothing to do.  I'm bored."  Not to worry, I have a project that will keep your kids busy for at least an afternoon.
These peanut butter flip flop cookies are easy to make and a fun summer activity for the whole family.



 

Start with a package of Nutter Butter cookies.  You may or may not have noticed that they are already in the shape of a flip flop.  (If you did - you may be a foodie.)






Dip the cookies in melted colored chocolate.  Let dry on waxed paper.


Decorate the chocolate covered cookies with Royal icing.  (Or any icing that you love really.)








These cookies would be a great addition to any pool party or summer get together.  I'm sure that your flip flop cookies will be much more artistic and creative than mine.  I'd love for you to send me a picture of your creation.
Ciao!






2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for the inspiration! I found you via Pinterest and have linked your blog to my post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - the link is http://www.lazydaisyfarm.com/2013/06/flip-flop-cookies/

    ReplyDelete