Saturday, May 4, 2013

Grilled Chicken Nachos


Happy Cinco De Mayo

I do realize that today is the 4th of May but since I don't normally post a new blog on Sunday, I decided to post my Cinco De Mayo blog post a day early.  (This way you have plenty of time to get to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for this yummy Cinco De Mayo treat.)   If you consider the fact that my family actually celebrated "Cinco De Dos" on the 2nd of May, posting my Cinco De Mayo recipe a day early, really isn't all that bad.  I hope you enjoy this one.

I needed a quick and easy dinner recipe that I could put together in under 30 minutes and this is what I came up with - grilled chicken nachos.










The ingredients were simple: a rotisserie chicken, a bag of tortilla chips, Mexican cheese and a can of black beans. 










Start with a pizza pan or a screen and place a single layer of chips covering the bottom.


Sprinkle on a generous amount of shredded cheese.


Shred the rotisserie chicken and add on top of the cheese.


Toss on a few black beans.  (For extra protein.)


Repeat layering with a second layer.


 Place pan on top of a hot pizza stone on the Big Green Egg.


Warm until chicken is heated through and the cheese is melted.  Sprinkle warm nachos with fresh cilantro and chopped tomatoes.


Ben and I LOVED the grilled chicken nachos.  The kids were not so enthusiastic about them.  They commented that they tasted"Too Grilled" and "Too Smoky".  Both kids picked out the black beans and tomatoes - no surprise there.  


Oh well, cant win them all.  More for me.


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment