Thursday, August 4, 2011

Crescent Rolls


 What do I do when the humidity gets really high? - I make yeast bread.  Nothing makes yeast rolls rise faster than a humid summer afternoon.  Yeast rolls might be the only thing that likes these temperatures but I figured I would make the best of it and bake rolls today.  I tried to take pictures of each step along the way as I made my rolls so that you could literally see how I do it.   

 Buttery Crescents
2 ¼ teaspoons yeast                    1/3 cup sugar
½ cup water                                1 egg
½ cup milk                                  ¾ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter                               4-4 ½ cups flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water.  (Not too hot)


Add milk, butter, sugar, egg, salt and 2 c. flour.  Beat 2 minutes on medium in mixer. Stir in remaining flour.  Knead 6-8 minutes.


Place in greased bowl, cover and let rise 1 hour.


Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 12” circle.  Cut each into 12 wedges.

 
Roll up from wide end and place 2” apart on cookie sheets.  Cover and let rise 30 minutes.

 
Bake 12-14 minutes at 375.  Brush with melted butter while warm.


Give these rolls a try - you won't be disappointed. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment