Saturday, December 31, 2011

Empty Cookie Jar Dilemna


My sweet daughter baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies last week.  I love that she is self sufficient at cookie baking and I enjoy sitting back and watching her bake.  Of course I didn't sit still while she was in the kitchen - I couldn't resist the taking advantage of the opportunity to photograph the whole event.  I'll turn her into a food blogger yet.


One of the reasons that she decided to bake cookies was to fill an empty cookie jar.   I don't normally have a cookie jar on my kitchen counter but last Christmas one of my neighbors gave me a really pretty one and I like to display it at Christmas time.  My daughter however thought it was a crime to have an empty cookie jar.  She has taken it upon herself to make sure the cookie jar stays full all season.


I have an old standby chocolate chip cookie recipe from Betty Crocker that I love.  It never fails to produce really deliciously chewy chocolate chip cookies.  I usually double the recipe and freeze any cookies that are left over.  

Betty Crocker’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup butter                     1 ¾ cup flour
½ cup sugar                        ½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup brown sugar           ½ teaspoon salt
1 egg                                       6 ounces chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 375.  Mix butter, sugars, egg and vanilla in bowl of a standing mixer.  (I love action shots.)



Add dry ingredients. 



Stir in chocolate chips.


Drop onto cookie sheets.




Bake 10 minutes at 375.



Hooray for a full cookie jar!  (For a little while anyway.)  Make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and a cup of hot cocoa to go with them.  It's a perfect snack for a cold winter evening.

 

Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment