Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes



Normally you think of pumpkin treats being served closer to Thanksgiving.  That hasn't stopped me for getting ready for pumpkin season right now.  I've even planted a pumpkin patch!  I put pumpkin seeds in the ground during the first week of June and I've already got some small pumpkin plants sprouting.  I can hardly wait for my vines to start producing flowers.  I thought I would share this recipe for Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes - in anticipation of all of the great pumpkins that will be appearing in my garden this Fall. 

Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
pinch of nutmeg
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup toasted pecans, chopped

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg.

 
In a separate bowl, stir together pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs.


Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined.


Add nuts and fold in.

 
Scoop into 16 muffin cups.


Bake 18 minutes at 350.


Frost pumpkin cupcakes with a spices cream cheese frosting and decorate with a spiced pecan. 


I will keep you updated on the progress of the pumpkin patch that I planted.  Hopefully, I will be seeing flowers soon.


Ciao!





Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
pinch of ntumeg
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup toasted pecans, chopped

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg.  In a separate bowl, stir together pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs.   Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined.  Add nuts and fold in.  Scoop into 16 muffin cups and bake 18 minutes at 350.


No comments:

Post a Comment