Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Grilled Pork Chops

Even though Ryan's been away at school for a couple of weeks now, it still seems strange to set the table for three instead of 4.  I don't know how long it will take for me to get used to this new family dynamic.  I'm constantly grabbing 4 glasses, setting out silverware for 4 - and I'm also still grocery shopping for four!  It's not that I forget that he's not going to be eating with us, I just haven't figured out how to downsize our meals.  (Or perhaps I'm in denial.)  I like to prepare more than one meal at a time but I still need to make some adjustments - or I need to invite some more people over for dinner.


I pulled this recipe from my Cook's Country magazine.  I love their recipes and this one certainly did not dissapoint.  It was a big meal but fortunately, Ryan was still at home when I made this so he could help us eat all of these yummy pork chops. 


Grilled Pork Chops
3 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons sugar
4 pork rib chops
2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup grated onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup molasses
3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard

Dissolve 3 T. sugar and 3 T. salt in 1 1/2 quarts water.  Add chops, cover and refrigerate 1 hour.


Heat oil in saucepan.  Add onion and cook until softened.








Stir in garlic, chili powder and cayenne.







Whisk in ketchup, molasses, Worcestershire and mustard.  Bring to simmer.  Reduce heat to low and cook 5-10 minutes.








Combine 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.







Remove chops from brine and pat dry with paper towels.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper seasoning.


Place on grill for 4-5 minutes.


Turn and brush with sauce.


Cook until chops reach 165 degrees.


Serve chops with fresh green beans and a slice of whole grain bread.


Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment