Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chocolate Marshmallows

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm not really sure what I am going to do when my kids don't want me to help them make homemade Valentine's anymore.  That is one of my favorite parts about this holiday.  This year, my daughter and I made chocolate covered, heart shaped marshmallows for her to pass out to all of her friends at school. 

 
These cute little treats were super simple to make - we made about 24 in under an hour.  (Clean up took longer than expected though because somehow we managed to sprinkle EVERYTHING!)  

My daughter spotted a bag of heart shaped marshmallows in the grocery store several weeks ago and really thought they were something special.  I didn't buy them right away because I really didn't know what to do with a heart shaped marshmallow.  I came across the idea of dipping marshmallows in chocolate on pinterest and I thought they would be even cuter with heart shaped marshmallows.  


I gathered up all of the supplies last week so that we could jump right into our project.  I bought:  
Lollipop sticks
Bag of Heart Shaped Marshmallows  (half were pink and half were white)
Pink Melting Chocolate 
Valentine Sprinkles
Cellophane Bags
Ribbon

I started by laying out a piece of waxed paper on my kitchen counter and then inserting a lollipop stick into each marshmallow.  


We melted our pink chocolate in the microwave.


We dipped each marshmallow lollipop into the melted chocolate.




Then came the fun part - sprinkling!


When we finished, no 2 were alike.  We put each chocolate marshmallow into a cellophane bag and tied it with a pretty ribbon. 





These were some of the cutest Valentines that we have ever made.  They looked really cute gathered up into a little Valentine bouquet too.


The kids had their Valentine's ready to take to school so I wanted to send everyone off with a special Valentine breakfast this morning.


 I made a batch of pancake batter and cooked up 1/2 of the pancakes.


I added red food coloring to the remaining batter and cooked those pancakes.


Once they were all cooked, I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the center out of each pancake.


I replaced the hearts from the white pancakes with a red heart and visa versa.



I hope you have a great Valentine's Day.  Remember that you can share this post on your facebook page by clicking the "recommend on facebook" button on the right side of the blog.  

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment