Thursday, May 2, 2013

Vegetable Dill Dip


This is what I would call a good vs. evil recipe.  There is a good, healthy way to make vegetable dill dip and there is a yummy, not so healthy way to make this dip.  I make both versions and I like both versions.  When company comes, it's the full fat, extra creamy and delicious version that I serve.  When I make a snack of veggies with dip for myself, I opt for the lighter version of this recipe.  Both are delicious and you can decide which one you will make to serve to your family.  

Vegetable Dip
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon dill weed
1 teaspoon seasoned salt


There is only one direction for this recipe - Stir.


And now for the reduced fat version of the same dill dip.

Low Fat Vegetable Dip
1 container plain fat free yogurt
2/3 cup fat free mayonnaise
½ teaspoon dill weed
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion salt


Which dip do you prefer?  Try them both before you decide.  You might just like the lighter version better than the full fat version.

For a new way to serve veggies and dip to your family, try dropping a scoop of dill dip into the bottom of a plastic cup and stand vegetable wedges on top.  A pretty and colorful (and delicious) way to entice your family into eating their vegetables.   


Just in case you were wondering - I did not make all of these vegetables cups to serve to my family at dinner.  (I am on a mission to get them to eat more vegetables but this is a little extreme.)  I delivered this beautiful tray of vegetable cups with dip to a baby shower.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I prefer little cups but I think the ones in the picture are 6 ounces cups. Any size will work as long as you cut the vegetables so they are just taller than the cup.

      Delete