Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Lemon Rosemary Chicken


I am such a seasonal eater.  As soon as the weather turns cold, I want to roast a chicken in the dutch oven with herbs and vegetables and lots of warm, hearty flavor.  (I also like the fact that the oven keeps the kitchen nice and warm while I'm cooking.)

I found this recipe for a Lemon Rosemary Chicken on achickwhocancook.com.  It was a great "warm me up" kind of meal.  I was able to use my chicken for 2 dinners.  I served it with cornbread on the first night and then took the meat off the bones and boiled the carcass to made chicken stock for soup.  The broth was really flavorful from the lemon and rosemary and it made fantastic soup the second day. 


This recipe is really simple.

 

 

 

 

Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken


1 whole Chicken, Rinsed And Patted Dry
3/4 cups Butter, Softened
3 whole Lemons
4 sprigs Rosemary
Salt And Pepper, to taste





Zest the lemons and chop 3 springs of rosemary finely.


Add butter and stir to combine.


Rub flavored butter under and on top of skin of chicken.  Fill cavity with lemon halves and remaining rosemary.


Roast 1 hour and 15 minutes at 400.



Let rest 15 minutes before carving.

They're forecasting snow for Atlanta this afternoon.  While everyone else is running to the grocery store to buy bread and milk today, (If you live in the south, you know this is true.) I'll be buying something that I can roast in the oven.  Stay warm friends.

Ciao!









No comments:

Post a Comment