Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Grinch Cookies


I don't normally post cake mix cookie recipes but I just couldn't resist posting these Grinch cookies from http://www.inkatrinaskitchen.com.  They are super cute - ultra-easy to make and really yummy - the trifecta of the perfect Christmas cookie!


This week I am absolutely swamped with Christmas orders and present wrapping and I'm not even going to mention the fact that my house is a DISASTER.   Soooo, when Courtney came home and announced that she needed to take cookies to a school party, I pulled up this recipe on Pinterest and turned the kitchen over to her.  (This really is the perfect recipe for kids who love to bake.)



Courtney did a fantastic job with these cookies and I was even able to snap a few pictures in between my gift wrapping.  Apparently the kids at school loved them too because the box came home empty from the party.   
Grinch Cookies

1 box french vanilla cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
green food coloring, 1 drop
Confectioners (powdered) sugar for dusting
Sprinkles or candies, large heart-shaped
Combine ingredients a mixing bowl.
Chill the dough for 10-15 minutes.
Drop by Tablespoon into confectioners sugar and roll into balls.


 
 
Place on baking sheet and press 1 large heart candy in the center.


 
Bake for 8 minutes until just set.


 
Let cool 2 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.


 There you have it - 6 simple ingredients and 30 minutes = delicious Grinch cookies.


Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment