Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes


Is it wrong that I can't fit all of my pumpkin recipes into 3 months worth of blog posts?  Here it is early December and I still have pumpkin recipes left to blog.  I cannot promise that this will be the last one of the season but I fully intend to move onto more holiday recipes and less Fall inspired baking ideas for the remainder of the year. 


I must admit that it's hard for me to leave the pumpkin behind and if it weren't for the fact that I was so excited about baking gingerbread and making eggnog cupcakes and peppermint snowflakes, I'm not sure that I would be able to break out of my pumpkin baking addiction.  (In case you were wondering, I am the president of the PLA - pumpkin lovers anonymous.)


So it is with some sadness that I leave you with one last pumpkin recipe for 2014.  (Maybe)  This one is a doosey too.  A spiced pumpkin cheesecake stuffed cupcake topped with vanilla buttercream and graham cracker crumbs.  Delicious. 



Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • For the filling
  • 4 ounces Cream Cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar and pumpkin pie spice on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes; set aside.








In a large bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.






In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugars, vegetable oil and eggs.


Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.


Scoop a spoonful of batter evenly into the muffin tray.


Drop 2 teaspoons cream cheese filling into the center of each cup.


Top with remaining batter to completely cover the filling.


Place into oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.


It's never too late to make pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes - right?  So don't think of this post as late - just think of it as my final farewell to Fall. 



 Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment