Monday, January 9, 2012

Sugar Cookies Extraordinaire


I love my Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country magazines and I make a lot of recipes from those magazines.  One of my favorite Cook's Illustrated recipes is a recipe for chewy sugar cookies.  They're light and crispy on the outside and chewy and sweet in the middle.  These cookies are always a huge hit.


Chewy Sugar Cookies
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 ounces cream cheese
6 Tablespoons butter melted
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
1 Tablespoon milk

Cream sugar and cream cheese together.


Whisk in melted butter and oil.

 

 Add egg, milk and vanilla.

 

Fold in dry ingredients.


Form into balls with an ice cream scoop.


 

Roll each ball in a bowl of sugar.

 

 

Place on silpat lined baking sheets and flatten slightly.  (Use parchment paper if you don't have a silpat.)




Bake cookies 13 minutes at 350.


Cool cookies 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing.

 
These cookies disappear quickly in my house so I made a double batch this time.  I put a few aside, put them into plastic containers and tucked them away in the freezer for another day.    I recommend a double batch for your family too.







 Bon Appetit!






No comments:

Post a Comment