Welcome to my new blog: My Story in Recipes
I'm not the kind of person who is ever satisfied with ordinary so I worked really hard to create a new and improved blog that's even better and easier to use than my Meals for Busy Families blog. I think you will agree that My Story in Recipes is more user friendly than my previous blog. You can read more about my story and my decision to change the blog by clicking on my picture in the upper right corner of the blog.
I hope that you will take a few minutes to check out the new blog format. All of the Meals for Busy Family blog posts have been added to the new blog and you can still access the over 200 recipes that were posted on that blog.
There are new ways to search for recipes on the new blog.
* Click on a food category under the heading "SEARCH BY CATEGORY" on the right side of the blog. You will be able to search through a picture index of my recipes. It's really awesome!
* Search for recipes under the heading "SEARCH BY THEME" on the right side of the blog. You can get a list of all my Big Green Egg recipes for example, by clicking on "Big Green Egg Recipes."
* At the bottom of each page is a list of the 5 most recent blog posts. You must scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find the index - it's not at the end of each post.
* If you know the year and month of a particular blog post, you can use the blog archive to search for a recipe. This is also at the bottom of the blog.
* You can still use the search box in the top left corner of the blog to look for blog posts. It works best if you use words from a post title in your search.
If you want to check out my blog on your iPhone or smart phone, you will get a slightly different version than you will see on your computer. I created a separate format that is exclusive to smartphones. You will still be able to view the most recent posts and even search for recipes using the food categories index.
If you're a facebook user, you can sign up to get my blog posts on facebook. You can link to my new facebook page (My Story in Recipes) by clicking on the link on the right side of the blog. You can also share my blog posts on your own facebook page by clicking the "recommend" button under the "SHARE MY BLOG ON FACEBOOK" heading.
Just like the previous blog, you can sign up to get email alerts when I publish a new blog post. It's a great way to get a little dinner inspiration right to your email.
You can let me know that you are a fan of My Story in Recipes when you "SIGN UP TO FOLLOW MY BLOG." Click on the link on the right side of the blog and use a google, a yahoo or a twitter account to join my blog. This is the best way for you to let me know that you like the blog. If you were a "follower" of Meals for Busy Families, you must sign up to follow my new blog.
I love hearing from all of my blog readers so don't hesitate to send me a comment or a question on my blog. I do my best to respond back to everyone but if you want a quicker response - leave your comment on the blog instead of my facebook page. (I check the blog more often than facebook.)
Thank you again for visiting my new blog. Here's a sneak peak at the very first recipe that will be posted to my new blog tomorrow.