Friday, August 3, 2012

Strawberry Banana Smoothie



Smoothies have been the name of the game here lately.  We have been making smoothies almost every afternoon to satisfy those 3:00 hunger pains.

I like to freeze my smoothie fruit so that I don't have to add ice to my drink. 
I put my strawberries, banana, a splash of apple juice and a scoop of yogurt in my blender and voila - smoothie. 



I was searching smoothieweb.com last night and I saw a picture of a strawberry banana smoothie delicately layered with a mango smoothie to make the most beautiful drink.  I thought I would give it a try so I whipped up a mango smoothie to go with my strawberry banana smoothie.  










My mango smoothie was really basic: mango, yogurt and a splash of apple juice.  Oh, and I had to add some ice to this mixture because I forgot to freeze my mango.
I poured the mango smoothie into the bottom of a glass and I tried to slowly pour the strawberry banana on top to produce the nice layered look.  It didn't quite work out like I thought it would.   The swirled effect was pretty cool though and it tasted delicious. 



This new strawberry, banana, mango smoothie was amazing.  Really creamy and smooth and the best part is that they were kid friendly.  My daughter was the first one in the kitchen when she heard strawberry banana smoothie and she was willing to "try" the one with added mango.  She really liked them both.

 Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment