Saturday, October 13, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices



I do my best to keep a bowl of fresh fruit on the edge of the kitchen counter all year as a reminder to myself and to my family to eat more fresh fruit.  It's a great reminder to all of us that we should choose fruit over a sugary treat when looking for a snack.  Fortunately, I really like fruit and I eat a lot of it.  Right now our fruit basket is filled with apples from our trip to the apple orchard.


As much as I love fresh apples, there are times when I just crave something sweeter than an apple.  (Bring on the chocolate.)  Adding a little dark chocolate to an apple changes it from a simple snack into a decadent dessert.  My freshly picked apples just went from appealing to irresistible. 


These chocolate dipped apple slices are super easy to make.  

 






Melt some chocolate.







Dip each apple in chocolate and then sprinkle with nuts or sprinkles. 





















Place dipped slices on waxed paper to allow chocolate to set.










I put my apples in the refrigerator so the chocolate would harden quicker so that we I could eat them sooner.  I served them for dessert after dinner and they were a big hit. 





I had a little bit of melted chocolate leftover and a few leftover strawberries in the refrigerator so I did what anyone in my position would do - I made chocolate covered strawberries.  Can you blame me?

 

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to make these again really soon because they were really good.  I think I made my point perfectly clear - Chocolate makes everything better.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Amy,

    I love your post with the chocolate covered apple slices and strawberries! They look amazing! I am putting together a post about foods dipped in chocolate and was wondering if I could have your permission to feature you, using one of your photos and a link right back to your blog. I would be giving no more information, so if the readers wanted to know more they would need to come to your blog.

    Thank you for your kind consideration and reply,

    Melissa
    redflycreations(dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for you to use my photo in one of your blog posts. I am honored that you chose my picture and I appreciate you linking back to mystoryinrecipes.blogspot.com. Thanks for following my blog. Amy

    ReplyDelete