Friday, October 26, 2012

Pumpkin Rice Crispy Treats



Rice Crispy Treats - yea!  I've expressed my extreme love for Rice Crispy treats  in previous blogs so there is no need to be redundantRice Crispy Treats are not only delicious, they're also one of my favorite mediums for dessert creativity.  I've formed them into interesting shapes (remember the starfish?), cut them with cookie cutters and even colored them to fit the occasion.  

I don't consider myself and especially creative person.  (My forte is borrowing someone else's great idea and running with it.)  Pinterest is one of my new favorite places to get creative inspiration - to get my creative juices flowing.  That is exactly where I found this idea for Rice Crispy Treat pumpkins.  I saw a picture of a similar idea - I took the idea and made it my own.  The result?  Amy's Rice Crispy Treat pumpkins.

These are my very simple instructions for these Fall inspired treats. 
Rice Crispy Treats
1/4 cup butter
10 ounces mini marshmallows
5 cups Rice Crispies


Melt marshmallows, butter and orange food coloring in saucepan.



Stir in cereal.


Shape into balls.  (I used a small bowl to measure my cereal.)








While cereal cools, make leaves and tendrils out of tootsie rolls.  (I used lime flavored.)







Melt in the microwave for 5 seconds. (Or until pliable and soft.)

 

Roll flat.


Use cookie cutter to cut leaves.








Roll the scraps into thin "snakes".

Wrap around a pencil.
Gently slide off the pencil to maintain shape.

Press a tootsie roll into the center of each pumpkin to make a stem and then add leaves and tendrils. Place on waxed paper to cool.


I went completely overboard on pictures so bear with me.


I wrapped up one of the pumpkin rice crispy treats to give to a friend.


There you have it, a perfect little treat for a Fall party, a classroom of students or for your own family. 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment