Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fresh Pasta Sauce


When life gives you lemons ... you make lemonade.  When neighbors give you tomatoes ... you make pasta sauce.  (and salsa and soup)  I got some beautiful, fresh from the garden tomatoes from a neighbor so I decided to turn some of them into a fresh pasta sauce for dinner. 


Fresh Spaghetti Sauce
3 Tablespoons oil                            salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon fresh garlic                pinch of sugar
¼ cup fresh parsley                         pinch of red pepper flakes
¼ cup fresh basil                           
3 cups fresh tomatoes                    







Heat oil in skillet.  Add garlic.









Add tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.


 Cook 30 minutes.







Sometimes I serve my sauce just like this but this time, I decided to run it through a food mill to take out all of the tomato skins.







The result was a nice, smooth, bright flavored tomato sauce.


Toss with pasta and top with cheese.


Do those meatballs look familiar?  I made a double batch of the turkey meatballs that I put in the minestrone soup and I served the extra's with my pasta dinner.


This pasta sauce was really similar to the sauce that we had while we were in Italy.  Simple and delicious.

Ciao!


Fresh Spaghetti Sauce
3 Tablespoons oil                            salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon fresh garlic                pinch of sugar
¼ cup fresh parsley                         pinch of red pepper flakes
¼ cup fresh basil                          
3 cups fresh tomatoes                 

Heat oil in skillet.  Add garlic.  Add tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.  Cook 30 minutes.  Toss with pasta and top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment