Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Herbed Pork Chops




Temperatures are expected to soar into the 80's again this week in Atlanta.  When the summer gets this hot, I do everything I can to avoid turning my oven on to fix dinner.  I would much rather fire up my Big Green Egg instead of adding to the heat inside the house.  I found this recipe for herbed pork chops on spoonful.com.  They were exactly what I was looking for on a warm summer night. 
 
Herbed Pork Chops
  • 4 boneless pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • fresh parsley
  • fresh rosemary
  • fresh thyme
  • fresh sage
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  1. Brush chops with lemon juice.










    In a small bowl, combine oil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage and pepper and mix well.  Luckily for me, I have an overflowing herb pot on my back porch.  I desperately needed to use up some of these delicious herbs because I couldn't bear to just throw them away. 






    Rub herb mixture on both sides of chops. Arrange in a baking dish, cover, and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, if possible. (The dish will be good even if you don't have time to marinate.)





    Grill.


    I served my pork chops with corn on the cob and mashed potatoes.  A perfect summer meal.




    Ciao!


    Herbed Pork Chops
  2. 4 boneless pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
  3. 2 tbsp. lemon juice
  4. 2 tbsp. olive oil
  5. 1 tbsp. snipped parsley
  6. 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
  7. 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
  8. 1/4 tsp. dried sage
  9. 1/4 tsp. pepper
Brush chops with lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine oil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage and pepper and mix well. Rub herb mixture on both sides of chops. Arrange in a baking dish, cover, and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, if possible. (The dish will be good even if you don't have time to marinate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment