Thursday, November 21, 2013

Roast Beef Po Boys


Can you rub your belly and pat your head at the same time?  (I can actually do that.)  Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?  (I have trouble with that one.)  Can you make two different dinners at the same time?  (That was not a trick question - I hope you answered yes to that one.)  It's easier than you think.

The first thing that you need to do is go back and read yesterday's blog on slow roasted chuck roast.   If you follow my instructions on how to cook the roast, you will be preparing two separate meals at the same time.  One meal you can serve to your family on the night that you cook it and the other you can save for another night.  (Or serve it for lunch.)

The multitasker in me loves the versatility of this recipe.  







I was going to make my own sub rolls but I found some great looking rolls at Fresh Market.


















Take the cubes meat out of the refrigerator that you cooked yesterday.











I put mine in the food processor to shred it a little.  Then I started to assemble the Po Boys.
Mayonnaise, lettuce, pickle, tomato and beef - sandwich of champions.


My family loves pot roast but to be honest, we never eat an entire roast in one meal.  The kids really aren't thrilled with leftover pot roast so the leftovers usually end up getting thrown into the trash.  (A travesty - I know.)  This is a great way to have pot roast AND eat the rest of the roast in an entirely new way.  My family loved these sandwiches and I loved the fact that I could pull the already cooked meat out of the refrigerator and have dinner on the table in less than 10 minutes.

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment