Saturday, December 7, 2013

Brownie Cookies



What do you do when you're home alone on a Tuesday afternoon, writing blog posts when an overwhelming craving for chocolate comes over you?  You make a batch of brownie cookies and eat them warm hot out of the oven.


I was posting pictures for my Master Chocolate Chip Cookies when I just had to get up from the computer and find some chocolate - FAST.  (Power of suggestion I guess.)  My go to chocolate fix is chocolate chips but on this particular day, that was just not going to cut it.  I needed something deep, rich, dark and chocolaty to sink my teeth into.  Then it hit me - I had a recipe for brownie cookies saved to one of my pinterest boards.  Yep - a chocolate brownie cookie was exactly what I was craving. 

I pulled up the recipe from pastryaffair.com and started baking.  These were even easier to make than I thought.  Almost too easy really - this recipe could be dangerous.  I better have a batch ready the next time I need to write a blog post about chocolate.


Brownie Cookies
Yields about 18 cookies

4 tablespoons (56 grams) butter
3 ounces (85 grams) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 ounces (55 grams) semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 large eggs
3/4 cup (150 grams) brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup (95 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (85 grams) chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).

In a large saucepan, melt the butter and chopped chocolate over low heat until smooth.
 







Remove from heat. Stir in the eggs, sugars, and vanilla extract.




 
Fold in the flour, baking powder, and salt.









Allow the batter to cool to room temperature before adding the chocolate chips.






Drop batter by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until set.


Cool for several minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.


















Add a glass of milk - chocolate perfection.



 Chocolate craving?  Not this girl.  I've got brownie cookies.

Once I have my cookie in hand, I could keep going on the Christmas decorations.  I've got a few more things to put up before I can officially declare this house "decorated" but I've got a pretty good start on it. 


I may be taking this Christmas decorating too far - I decorated Mia!  (She secretly loves wearing her jingle bells.)  This weekend we will put up our tree and then the decorating will be finished. 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment