Friday, December 6, 2013

Fajita Pizza


I'm calling this my hat trick.  I made a grilled skirt steak and I was able to use it for three different meals!  The first meal that I made was grilled skirt steak served over a spinach salad.  For my second skirt steak meal I simply reheated the beef and served it with tortillas and fresh avocado salsa.  I guess you could this the third meal in the grilled skirt steak trilogy.  Nobody in my family even suspected that they were being served leftovers. (Shhhhh)

The idea for fajita pizza recipe came from my Cook's Country magazine.   I made some modifications to the original recipe to make it even easier to put together.  This was a super quick weeknight meal that we all enjoyed.

Grilled Steak Fajita Pizza
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon chipolte chili powder
1 can diced tomatoes
8 ounces skirt steak
1 poblano chili
1 sweet onion
1 pizza dough
8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese






Combine oregano, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.  Pulse tomatoes along with spice mixture in the food processor until smooth.






Slice poblano and onion into thin strips.  Place in grill basket and grill until browned.


Slice steak and add to grill basket along with peppers and onions.  Cook until heated through.


Roll dough into a 12 inch circle.  (I bought a dough from the supermarket to save time.)


Place the dough on a preheated pizza stone on the Big Green Egg.  (or in a preheated oven)  Top with vegetable/steak mixture.


Sprinkle with cheese.


Close the lid on the grill and let cook until bottom of the crust is golden brown.  Remove from the pizza stone with a pizza peel.


Slice into wedges and serve.



Leftovers never tasted so good.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post thanks for sharing the post.Your blogs are admirable and full of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete