Monday, March 24, 2014

Cherry Almond Biscotti



My kitchen is full of biscotti.  Those of you who read my blog regularly know what that means --- my dad was in town!

I had pinned this biscotti recipe onto a Pinterest board a long time ago and was patiently waiting for my parents to visit so that I would have a good excuse to make them.  (Not that I really need an excuse to make biscotti.)

This recipe came from landolakes.com and it's not all that much different from my original cherry almond biscotti recipe.  I think I was drawn to it because they were dipped in dark chocolate.  (Let's face it, I'll make just about anything that's dipped in chocolate.) 

Biscotti


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup slivered almonds
1cup dried tart cherries, chopped

Glaze

1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions

Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with a silpat; set aside.
Combine butter and sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy.



 Add eggs and almond extract; continue beating until well mixed.
 

 
Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until just mixed. (Dough will be sticky.)


Stir in almonds and cherries.


Divide dough into thirds. Shape into 3 (12-inch) logs. Place logs, 3 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheet. Flatten each log to 1 1/2-inches in width.


Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool 15 minutes on cookie sheet.


Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.  Cut logs into 3/4-inch diagonal slices with sharp serrated knife.

 
Place slices cut-side down onto ungreased cookie sheets.


Bake 10 minutes; turn slices. Continue baking for 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are golden brown and crisp. Cool completely.

 

 Melt chocolate chips in small shallow microwave-safe bowl.



Dip bottom of each biscotti in melted chocolate, scraping excess off against edge of bowl. Place biscotti slices upright on parchment or wax paper-lined tray; let stand until chocolate is set.


 These biscotti were beautiful AND delicious!


 


I love biscotti and I especially love having my dad here to help me eat all these delicious little cookies. 


 Ciao!










No comments:

Post a Comment