Monday, March 31, 2014

Lime Creme





This post really isn't about the fish - this post is all about the condiment.  I don't think I've ever written a blog post about a condiment so this is a first for me.

This recipe came from Cooking Light and they didn't even give this cream condiment a name which I don't understand because this is what I would consider to be the highlight of the entire recipe. So I took it upon myself to name it - from here on out it shall be called lime creme.  (What do you think?)

The salmon that accompanied this lime creme recipe in the magazine was a spice roasted salmon.  I didn't have the spices to make their version so I came up with my own.  I sprinkled some herbs de providence on my salmon and baked it in the oven.  (Unfortunately, I overbaked it a little.)  Since this post really isn't about the fish, I decided to blog it anyway and really highlight the cream because it really was the show stealer in this recipe.

Lime Creme
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to blend.


Serve with any great (or even slighty overcooked) fish.


This really would a great little addition to any fish.  It's easy to throw together and it dresses up a boring meal to take it from dull to extraordinary.

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment