Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pink Lemonade Cake


Pink Lemonade Cake

I can only think of a handful of desserts that I make that are "gender specific." This cake MIGHT just fall into that category simply because it LOOKS really feminine.  The truth is - men secretly like this cake just as much as women. They may be too embarrassed to order this cake for themselves or admit their love for it out loud but I've watched more than one man devour a piece of this cake with reckless abandon.  The tart lemon cake combined with the sweet, creamy frosting is a combination that even the most manly man, cannot resist. 

Pink Lemonade Cake
4 cups flour             
2 Tablespoons baking powder      
1 teaspoon salt            
1 1/2 cups butter                  
4 teaspoons vanilla           
2 teaspoons almond extract
3 cups sugar
2 cups milk
10 egg whites

Combine dry ingredients.


Beat butter 2 minutes.  Add sugar gradually.


Beat in extracts.


Add 1/3 of flour, ½ of milk and repeat.


Beat egg whites until stiff.  



Fold into batter and pour into prepared pans.


Bake 30 minutes at 350. 


Cream Cheese Frosting
32 ounces cream cheese
12 Tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla

Combine cream cheese and butter.  Beat on high.  Reduce to low and add sugar.  Beat in vanilla.  Frost cake with a thin layer of icing and refrigerate for 1 hour.







Continue to frost as desired.



 I took some pictures of the inside of the cake too - BUT they came out blurry.  (Silly iphone)


If your going to make a girly cake - why not decorate it with pink roses?  A girly, feminine look for a girly cake.

Ciao!






2 comments:

  1. tell me I'm crazy...where is the lemon in the recipe? Love the icing decoration. Please advise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm such a goof. I add 2 packets of kook aid brand pink lemonade to the batter along with the dry ingredients. Thanks for point that out. I'll update the recipe. I think I need a proofreader. 😉

      Delete