Monday, July 14, 2014

Shrimp Tacos



I consume so much avocado that I think I might actually start to turn green one day.  I eat a couple of slices of avocado with my egg for breakfast every morning, I eat a few more slices on my sandwich for lunch and now I'm starting to incorporate it into our dinners.

I love the flavor and the creamy texture of avocados.  They just seem to make food, taste better.

I found this recipe for Grilled Shrimp Tostadas with Lime in my Cooking Light magazine and as usual - I modified the original recipe slightly.


Grilled Shrimp Tostadas with Lime
1 pound shrimp
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Black Bean Salsa
2 Tablespoons red onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, mined
1/4 teaspoon salt
15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed

Avocado Dip
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 peeled avocado
1 cup chopped tomato

8 corn tortillas








Combine shrimp, garlic powder, cumin and salt.  Let sit for 10 minutes.






Combine black bean salsa ingredients.


 Combine avocado, yogurt and lime juice.  Mash with fork.  Stir in tomatoes.


 Place tortillas on grill until lightly browned and crispy.


 Grill shrimp in a grill basket.


To build your tostada, start with a tortilla.


Add a spoonful of avocado dip.


 Top with a spoonful of black bean salsa.


 Top with shrimp.


This was a great summer meal.  We had leftover black bean salsa AND leftover avocado dip - which made awesome snacks for the next day. 

Ciao!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment