Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Sweetest Carrots

Several years ago we were fortunate enough to be able to take our kids to Disney World.  While we were there, I couldn't help but notice all of the people who were enjoying gigantic - chocolate covered cereal treats as they wandered through the park.  It didn't take long before my curiosity got the best of my and I bought one of these larger than life treats to sample for myself.  My buttery marshmallow treat was perched upon a lollipop stick, covered in white chocolate and sprinkled with sugary goodness.  It was delicious!  I can only imagine that there is a team of people devoted to making hundreds of these treats fresh every single day to sell to the masses at Disney World.  (What a job!)









They really were exceptional and I've created my own version of the Disney original in my own kitchen.   I've made them for all sorts of holidays and occasions but last week, I made them into carrots because Easter is just around the corner.










Start by making a batch of Rice Crispy treats.  If you have your own recipe, feel free to use it.  If not, you can follow mine. 

 


Rice Crispy Treats
1/4 cup butter
10 ounces mini marshmallows
5 cups Rice Crispies








 



Press into a 9x13 inch pan.  Let the cereal mixture cool for about 20 minutes. 








 Use a cookie cutter to cut the cereal into shapes.
 
 

The best part about this project is that there are lots of Rice Crispy scraps to eat while I finished the carrots.   Once all of my carrots were shaped, I melted some chocolate and started to dip my carrots.  ( I used Wilton melting chocolate.)
 

My chocolate dipped cereal treats don't really measure up to Disney quality but they were pretty good.  I packed some up in cellophane bags and sent them to school with my daughter.  Her friends were pretty excited about the sweet snack.  



These would also look great stuffed into a basket on the 8th of April.  (Catch my drift?)

Ciao!















No comments:

Post a Comment