Monday, August 19, 2013

Family Menu 2


I don't really like to post pictures of myself on the blog but since I don't have a great food pic to post this week, I'm left with no choice.  (I was so excited about the lower temperatures and humidity last weekend that I actually straightened my hair.)

The Monday morning menu tradition continues.  Yea! (Not necessarily sure that 2 consecutive weeks constitutes a tradition but let's go with it.)

Before I give you the menu, I'll update you on the plan that I published last Monday.  Let's call this the ideal plan.  The - live in a perfect world where there is no extra soccer practice and nobody catches a cold - plan.  In case you missed last week's blog on the specifics of how I plan my meals, you can check it out by clicking here

Monday: Parmesan Crusted Fish (check for this recipe on the blog soon.)
Tuesday: BBQ chicken and fresh corn bread
Wednesday: Gazpacho with garlic lemon shrimp
Thursday: Fajitas with Tomato Avocado Salsa
Friday: Fajita Pizza
Saturday: Smoked Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing
Sunday:  Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches

Monday through Wednesday we stuck to the plan.  We switched our Thursday and Friday meals around because it just worked out better that way.  Saturday we finished up the leftover chicken but I didn't make the smoked chicken cobb salad.  (Just wasn't in the mood.)  And Sunday we scratched the freezer breakfast sandwiches altogether.

That is about a normal week for us in terms of how closely we stick to the menu.  Some weeks are easier than others to plan and sometimes, I just have to go with the flow.  (Believe me that doesn't come easily to this type A girl.)

Enough about last week.  That's in the past.  Now onto this week's menu. 

Our weekly menu:
Monday:  Sweet and Spicy Grilled Salmon Kabobs
                (A recipe that I found on Pinterest.)

Tuesday:  Monterrey Chicken
                 (A recipe from my latest Cook's Country magazine.)

Wednesday:  Patty Melts  (an old favorite)
                     (Hamburger patties are already made and in the freezer.)


Thursday:  Pork Chops

Friday: Spaghetti and Meatballs
            (Spaghetti sauce and meatballs are already frozen in a container in the freezer.)


Saturday:  Oven Fried Drumsticks
                  (A recipe from my Taste of Home magazine.)

Sunday:  Breakfast Stromboli
               (Another pinterest recipe. - I think I'm spending too much time on Pinterest lately.)

Our Grocery List:
Cherry Tomatoes                                                       Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
Yellow Bell Pepper                                                   Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
Red Onion                                                                 Sliced Swiss Cheese
                                                                                  Pizza Dough
Greek Yogurt                                                             Chicken Broth
                                                                                   Spaghetti
Salmon
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts                         
Bacon                           
Chicken Drumsticks                                                  Whole Grain Tortillas
Sausage                                                                      Marble Rye

                                                                              
All of the other ingredients that I'm going to need for these recipes SHOULD be in my pantry.  There are a few staples on the grocery list too, just because I need to replace those.

So that's it.  Another week of dinners planned.  Easy as pie.  (Well, sort of.  Pie's not all that easy to make so I'm not really sure where that expression even came from.)  Anyway, feel free to borrow any of my ideas or recipes as you plan meals for your family this week.

Now that we have the weekly menu out of the way, I thought I would share some of our weekend photos with you.  We all got to go to a birthday party for Ryan's BFF on Sunday.  Let me just sum it up in 3 words: SLIP and SLIDE.


















Sooooo fun.  AND ... I got to make the birthday cake too!

















We had a ball.  Thanks guys.

Caio!


No comments:

Post a Comment