Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fruit Water



Fruit water is all the rage now.  There are all kinds of reports out about how it can help you to lose belly fat and lower stress levels and boost your immunity.  I am sure that at least some of those claims are true but the reason that I jumped on the fruit water bandwagon was to simply to get myself drinking more water.  I am constantly trying to increase my water intake and I get tired of plain water really quickly.  I figured that if I added some fruit to my drink, it would make it more appealing and I would be more likely to drink more of it. 

I looked through several websites with all sorts of combinations of fruit and herb waters.  The first one I tried had a list of ingredients that I happened to have on had: 1 ruby red grapefruit, 1 navel orange, 1 lemon and 1 lime.

 Add to an empty 2 quart pitcher.


Fill with water.



















I added a few sprigs of fresh mint too.

















Refrigerate. OK, so I might need to modify my recipe slightly.  The grapefruit needed to be either peeled or eliminated because it gave the water a bitter taste.  It wasn't undrinkable but it wasn't all that appealing either.











Since that first test batch, I've also made lime water...



and orange water...


peach and lime water...
 













 and mango water.










My favorite is actually one that I didn't get a picture of - watermelon water.  It's very refreshing.  The best part is that I am definitely drinking more water these days - even if it is just to try out new flavor combinations.

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment