Monday, February 24, 2014

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadilla



It's meatless Monday blog friends!  For the record, I am not a vegetarian but I do enjoy a meatless meal every now and then.  I follow several food bloggers that participate in Meatless Monday so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and give it a try.  Who knows, if this catches on, maybe I can propose French Fry Friday? 

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadilla
1/2 sweet potato
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
2 Tablespoons low fat colby jack cheese
1 whole wheat flour tortilla






Scrub outside of potato and place on microwave safe dish.  Poke holes in potato with a fork and microwave on high for 8 minutes.  Cut in half.















Use a spoon to scoop potato flesh onto 1/2 of a whole wheat tortilla.






Sprinkle beans over potato.








 Sprinkle cheese on top of beans.











Fold tortilla in half.









Place on a griddle, sprayed with cooking spray.  Cook until browned on each side.


Cut into thirds and enjoy.


Talk about a super delicious - and filling - dinner.  I had one whole wheat tortilla, half of a sweet potato and a quarter cup of black beans and I was STUFFED! 


I didn't even try and feed these quesadillas to my family - I made them rio grande quesadillas instead.  The great thing is that they're easy enough to make just one for myself.  I actually made myself another quesadilla for lunch the next day.  They're just that good.

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment