Saturday, June 14, 2014

Angel Food Cake Skewers


I'm pretty sure that I'm still not fully recovered from hosting Ryan's graduation party a couple of weeks ago.  It was a great day with nearly a hundred of his friends, neighbors, relatives, teachers and all around Ryan-supporters rallying around to wish him well on his next adventure.  It was an awesome day filled with lots of smiles and laughter but it took all of us to pull of a party of that magnitude.


My parents really pitched in and helped us out all week with party preparations.  They did whatever I asked them to do and they were a HUGE help.

One of the jobs that I assigned to Courtney and my mom was to pick strawberries.  I was planning to use some at the party but I also had a dessert in mind for pre-graduation party on the night of the actual graduation ceremony - angel food skewers.


These little mini skewers were a big hit and they were super easy to put together.  I cheated and used a store bought angel food cake which made preparation even quicker.  I am going to have to make these again this summer because they were a big hit.

Start with the freshest strawberries that you can find.  (or pick)


Cut and angel food cake into cubes.











Alternate cake and strawberries on skewers and drizzle with dark chocolate.

Possibly the most delicious (and easiest) summer dessert ever.

Ciao!











No comments:

Post a Comment