A moist, cinnamon spiced pumpkin cupcake brushed with melted butter, dipped in a cinnamon sugar coating, topped with whipped cream cheese icing and a crunchy snickerdoodle cookie - now that's what I call Fall cupcake perfection.
It just doesn't get any more perfect than this.
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self- rising), sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, plus 1/2 teaspoon for dusting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
Combine flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
Add dry ingredients, alternating with pumpkin.
Scoop batter into muffin cups and bake 25 minutes at 350. (For jumbo size cupcakes.)
Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a small bowl. Combine 2 Tablespoons sugar and 1 Tablespoon cinnamon in a small bowl.
Brush the top of each cupcake with butter and then dip in cinnamon sugar.
These really are good - just like this. You can stop here OR add a swirl of cinnamon cream cheese frosting and a mini snickerdoodle cookie if you like.