Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Banana Biscotti


 

Why is it that when we deprive ourselves of something, it makes us want it even more?  I'm convinced that's why deprivation diets don't work - long term.  Any time I eliminate a food or an entire food group from my diet, I focus on it like I never had before. Time and time again, I've tried to live a chocolate free life only to find myself giving into to temptation.   Maybe it's not that my willpower has failed me so much as my common sense finally kicked in. Chocolate free living might save me a few extra calories but the reality is that I am a much happier person when I have chocolate in my life.  Most of the time a little bit of chocolate goes a long way.   A few chocolate chips or a drizzle of chocolate over a cookie is completely satisfying.  Last week, I made a batch of banana biscotti and to make it just a little more delectable, I drizzled it with chocolate.  Chocolate craving satisfied for another day. 


Banana Biscotti
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 ripe banana
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups Post Selects Banana Nut Crunch, crushed
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips







Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Beat sugar and butter.














Add eggs, bananas and vanilla.













Gradually add flour mixture.  Stir in cereal.






 
Divide dough in half and roll each half into a14x2 inch log.  Place 2" apart on a baking sheet.







Bake 25 minutes at 325.









Slice cookies into 1/2" slices and bake an additional 12 minutes.








Melt chocolate and drizzle over biscotti.


I've said it before and I'll say it again, chocolate just makes everything better.

Ciao!


Banana Biscotti
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 ripe banana
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups Post Selects Banana Nut Crunch, crushed

1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Beat sugar and butter.  Add eggs, bananas and vanilla.  Gradually add flour mixture.  Stir in cereal.  Divide dough in half and roll each half into a14x2 inch log.  Place 2" apart on a baking sheet.  Bake 25 minutes at 325.  Slice cookies into 1/2" slices and bake an additional 12 minutes.  Melt chocolate and drizzle over biscotti. 









No comments:

Post a Comment