Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ready, set, go




Today is the official start of both baseball and soccer season.  We're jumping into the season with both feet this week - 8 games in the next 48 hours! (5 soccer and 3 baseball) Multiple games in a single day translates to quick and easy dinners at our house.

When I'm shopping for meats for my family, I usually opt for the thinly sliced meats over thick cuts.  Here's my very unscientific opinion about thin cut meats:  thin cut = faster cooking time = faster dinner preparation = happier family = happier me.   There you have it - thin cut meats make me happy. 

I haven't had great results grilling my thin pork chops so when I ran across this recipe from America's Test Kitchen, I couldn't pass it up.  I actually prepped these chops early in the day and I pulled them out of the freezer and cooked them in under 20 minutes.

Grilled Thin Cut Pork Chops
6 bone in pork rib chops
3/4 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Pat chops dry and rub both sides with salt.  Place on a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.


Freeze 30 minutes to an hour.   Combine butter, sugar and pepper.


Rub over frozen chops.  Grill chops 4-5 minutes on each side. 


I adapted the recipe to make it even easier.  Even though I left out the butter-chive mixture that was intended for serving with these chops, they were really good.  My daughter was the only one who didn't really like the smoky flavor.  (Can't win them all.)

Ciao!

Grilled Thin Cut Pork Chops
6 bone in pork rib chops
3/4 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Pat chops dry and rub both sides with salt.  Place on a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.  Freeze 30 minutes to an hour.   Combine butter, sugar and pepper.  Rub over frozen chops.  Grill chops 4-5 minutes on each side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment