Friday, March 23, 2012

Strawberry Yogurt Dip







Nothing says spring to me like fresh strawberries.  We are less than a month away from strawberry season in Atlanta - I can hardly wait. 







I was responsible for bringing a fresh fruit tray to a party this week and I wanted to make it extra special by adding a yogurt dip.  I've made the marshmallow fluff/cream cheese dip in the past but I was really wanting something a little less sweet and a little healthier for this occasion.  I used my imagination and I came up with my own recipe for a strawberry yogurt dip.  


Strawberry Yogurt Dip
2 small containers of vanilla Greek yogurt
1 container of strawberry cream cheese

Combine ingredients with a spoon or in a mixer until smooth and creamy. 


I set up my fruit tray and yogurt dip among a vast array of sugary treats in front of a group of teenagers.  What happened next, was something that I wouldn't have believed unless I saw it for myself.  The teenagers were bypassing the cupcakes and cookies and eating the fresh fruit and yogurt dip!  At the end of the party there were cupcakes and brownies leftover and the fruit and dip was nearly gone.  I never would have guessed that this would have been so well received by teenage girls.




 

Who says that you can't feed healthy food to kids? 









I've been snacking on this yummy dip all week.  I discovered it's also good with fresh pineapple, mandarin orange wedges, grapes and apple slices.  I am already planning to make another batch to serve at my Easter brunch. 

Ciao!

















No comments:

Post a Comment