Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Strawberry Mango Smoothie




This summer heat makes me crave something cool and sweet.  I whipped up a batch of strawberry mango smoothies last week to help my family - "beat the heat."  They are super simple and really refreshing on a hot summer day.

Strawberry Mango Smoothie
My recipe makes 2 smoothies


 


2 cups frozen strawberries  
(I like to use frozen fruit so that I don't have to add ice to my smoothie.)  






 






 1 mango, cut into pieces















1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt








Place in a blender and puree until smooth.  You can also add apple juice to make your smoothie thinner if you like. 

 

Pour into a glass and enjoy.


If you're looking for a good way to keep cool this summer - try a smoothie.  They're a healthy way to keep your cool.  

If you have a great smoothie recipe - send it my way - I'm always looking for new recipes.

Ciao!



 

1 comment:

  1. Long and thin, the handheld Best Hand Blender Reviews does not incorporate a container for blending liquids or food. Rather, a user has to hold it by hand before placing it into the drink or food getting blended. This device features rotating blades at the shaft-end.

    Immersion blenders are essential for whipping, pureeing or chopping liquids and foods in separate containers in order to cook, simmer or mix them. They help in preparing milkshakes, smoothies and associated powdered drinks. These blenders do not have the wattage exhibited by countertop blenders and cannot thus perform ice-chopping, mixing and pureeing functions.

    ReplyDelete