Friday, December 21, 2012

12 Cupcakes of Christmas



This year I decided to bake the 12 days of cupcakes to pass out to my neighbors and friends as Christmas gifts.    It was a bit of a challenge but at the end of a very busy day,  I had 15 boxes filled with 12 different cupcake flavors for my friends to sample.

This is what my kitchen looked like while I prepped 12 different cupcake batters. 


 This is what my kitchen looked like just 3 hours into the baking process.


When I had finally finished baking, filling, frosting and decorating all 12 dozen cupcakes, my kitchen looked something like this...
 

I really should have taken a picture of the rest of my kitchen when I was done.  It was pretty much COVERED in sugar.  Who am I kidding?  -  So was I!

Just in case you're curious, this is the list of cupcakes that were in the gift boxes.

Snickerdoodle Cupcake - Snickerdoodle cake topped with a dollop of seven minute frosting and garnished with a mini snickerdoodle cookie.


Lemon Cupcake -  Light lemon cake filled with a pocket of tangy lemon curd filling and frosted with lemon whipped cream frosting.

 
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes - Cherry studded cake topped with a layer of rich chocolate fudge followed by a layer of cherry buttercream and topped with a chocolate covered cherry.


White Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes - White chocolate, peppermint cake topped with swiss meringue buttercream sprinkled with crushed peppermint.


Turtle Cupcakes - Milk chocolate cake with a caramel pecan filling, topped with caramel swirled buttercream, drizzled with chocolate and sprinkled with chopped pecans.


Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes - Spiced pumpkin cake topped with salted caramel buttercream frosting, drizzled with caramel sauce and topped with a salted caramel.


Carrot Cupcakes - Moist carrot cake topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting and garnished with a white chocolate snowflake.


Black Bottom Cupcakes - Dark chocolate cake filled with a chocolate chip studded cream cheese filling and topped with whipped pudding frosting.

 

Red Velvet Cupcakes - Traditional red velvet cake topped with cream cheese frosting and a white chocolate decoration.


Banana Split Cupcake - Banana cake with a pocket of strawberry filling, topped with a layer of chocolate ganache, a scoop of whipped cream and a cherry on top.

 

Peanut Butter Cupcake -  Rich devils food cake topped with creamy peanut butter frosting and a peanut butter cup.

 

Smore Cupcake - A dark chocolate cake on top of a graham cracker crust, topped with a toasted marshmallow frosting, a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs and mini chocolate chips.


So there you have it - the 12 cupcakes of Christmas.  For the cupcake recipes that have already been posted on the blog, click on the highlighted name.  I will be posting the rest of the recipes in future blog posts.  (and even a few updates to my original recipes)  Enjoy!


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment