Friday, December 14, 2012

Ranch Chicken Strips

We spent an afternoon at the Georgia Aquarium last weekend . 


 
I know what you're thinking ... "here comes a fish recipe."  Well, just to prove that I'm not ALWAYS predictable, I'm posting a chicken recipe today.  Truth is that I really am that predictable and if I had a fish recipe ready to blog I would have posted it today but since I don't ... enjoy the chicken recipe.


I'm sure that every one of us went through a chicken finger stage at one point in our lives.   Some kids tend to linger in that stage longer than others however.  (Like my daughter)  She's fourteen now and she still loves chicken fingers.  To appease both her need for chicken strips and my desire to feed her healthy food, I had her help me make a batch of homemade chicken fingers recently.  I found a recipe for ranch chicken strips on blogchef.net and it combined three of her favorite things: cereal, chicken fingers and ranch dressing.  (If I didn't know better, I would have thought they created this recipe with her in mind.)

Ranch Chicken Strips
Ingredients:
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced into strips)
1 cup corn flakes (crushed)
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup milk
1 egg

Cut the chicken into strips.


Combine cornflakes, Parmesan,  garlic powder, pepper and ranch mix. 








Beat egg and milk together with a fork.














Put 1 cup of flour in another bowl.









Dip each chicken strip into the flour.


Dip it into the egg mixture.


Coat it in the cereal mixture.


















Lay the strips on a foil lined baking sheet and bake 30 minutes 350.



















While the chicken is baking, stir together some honey and mustard for a dipping sauce.


My daughter ate her ranch chicken strips with a side of ranch dressing.  (Seems appropriate don't you think?)











Round up your kids and have them help you make dinner tonight.  Just accept the fact that it's going to be messy and it's going to take you twice as long to fix dinner.   If you can get over that now, you will have a much better time cooking with your kids. 









Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment