Thursday, April 17, 2014

Grilled Brown Sugar Mustard Chicken


Grilled chicken is a staple in our house.  (We eat it at LEAST once a week.)  Normally, I marinate my chicken for several hours to give it lots of flavor before I throw it on the grill.  I will admit though that there are days when there is just no time for marinating.  Those days, I'm lucky just to get dinner on the table - let alone take an extra 10 minutes to prepare a marinade.  (Do you think my life may be too busy if I can't find 10 extra minutes in my day to marinate?) I ran across this recipe for Grilled Brown Sugar Mustard Chicken in Taste of Home that is perfect for those "way to busy to marinate" days.  It is super simple and it had lots of flavor.

Grilled Brown Sugar Mustard Chicken
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
pinch red pepper flakes
4 chicken breasts








Mix mustard, brown sugar, allspice and red pepper flakes.







Remove 1/4 cup mixture for serving.  Brush chicken with sauce and grill until temperature reaches 165.


















Remove from grill and brush with reserved sauce.


Well, the kids both scraped all of the sauce off of the chicken before they ate it but I guess that's the beauty of a sauce that is brushed on.  I thought Courtney might like this chicken because it reminded me of a honey mustard glaze but she wiped off the sauce and dipped her chicken in ranch dressing instead. (Oh well.)

Ben and I both liked the chicken this way.  It had a little bit of a kick from the red pepper and Dijon mustard but it was really tasty. 

Ciao!







No comments:

Post a Comment