Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Veggies


I think I might need to rename my Big Green Egg, the Big Yellow Egg - the pine pollen in Atlanta is relentless.  If you've never experienced the yellow pollen that coats absolutely everything in it's path in early Spring, consider yourself lucky.  The house, the porches, my car, my dog - everything is yellow!

Despite the fact that I'm seeing yellow - I am so thankful for this beautiful Spring weather.  I took advantage and fired up my Big Yellow Egg last week and grilled up a Pork Tenderloin for dinner.  This recipe made it's appearance on our dinner table compliments of the latest edition of Taste of Home magazine. 

Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Marinade
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice
4 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 pork tenderloins

2 small zucchini
2 small carrots
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
fresh herbs
drizzle of oil
salt and pepper









Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a ziploc bag.  Add pork and refrigerate at least 8 hours.













Remove from marinade and place pork on a heated grill until internal temperature reaches 145.  Remove from heat, cover with foil and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.










While the pork rests, prepare the vegetables.  I sliced my veggies on a mandolin to get them nice and thin.  Then I went to my herb pot and cut some fresh herbs.  I added them to my veggies along with a drizzle of oil and some salt and pepper.




I put the vegetables in a grill basket on the hot grill for about 10 minutes until they were charred but still crispy. 


Once the vegetables are done, slice the pork thinly or in thick slices - whichever you prefer.


 Serve the veggies and pork with a side of basmati rice and voila - a delicious meal. 


We all really enjoyed this meal.  The pork was really flavorful and the vegetables were extraordinary.  I can hardly wait until I can start picking vegetables from my own garden to grill.   Anyone else ready for fresh summer produce already?

Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment