Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Simple Parfaits


I've been on a parfait kick lately.  (I don't really know why.)  One day I whipped up 4 different parfaits in one day!  Before my family sat down to dinner, I had each of them choose a number out of a hat but I didn't give them any explination.  (All through dinner they speculated about what the numbers were for - it was really funny.)  After dinner, the person with #1 choose a parfait, then #2 and so on.  I have to say that I was quite surprised about which  parfaits were chosen first. 

Smores Parfait
Bottom Layer: Crushed Graham Crackers
Middle Layer: Melted Marshmallows
Top Layer: Mini Chocolate Chips
Repeat Layers until the jar is full.


This didn't exactly work out the way that I had planned.  If you've ever tried to melt marshmallows in the microwave, you know that they tend to harden as they cool.  These marshmallows got REALLY hard and it was almost impossible to even get a spoon into them.  I think I'll try marshmallow fluff next time and save myself the trouble of melting marshmallows and then dealing with the hardening.   Same flavor - less aggravating = win-win.


Cookies and Cream Parfait




Bottom Layer: Crushed Oreos
Top Layer: Cool Whip








It's amazing what a little dessert can do to improve the mood of my dining partners.  Their eager anticipation of dessert made for really interesting dinner conversation.  As an added bonus, everyone gobbled up their dinner - including their vegetables - to get to the dessert faster. 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment