Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Watermelon Cups and Watermelon Cape Cod

I hope that you enjoyed your Labor Day weekend.  My family had a busy - but wonderful - weekend.  We spent Saturday at the Celebrate Freedom concert and we got to visit with Ben's parents in Kennesaw.  (We saw Jamie Grace, Jeremy Camp, Jars of Clay, Amy Grant, Hawk Nelson, Montell Jordan and Switchfoot!)  On Sunday we were invited to a friend's house for a picnic and some parent's vs. kids volleyball.  (Guess who won.)

 


Needless to say, we all slept in on Monday.  (Even I slept past 8:00!) 

I realize that I probably should have posted this blog before the holiday weekend because it would have been the perfect thing to take to a Labor Day cookout.  Oh well, better late than never.     


I got the idea for these watermelon cups from my friend Susan about 6 years ago.  She described to me how she made these delicate little fruit cups out of watermelon in such detail that I still remember the directions - even years later.  (If you know me, you know how remarkable that is because I don't remember much of anything.)  These little fruit cups, made out of watermelon are a great way to impress your family and friends.  They are simple to make and really yummy.

Cut thick slices of watermelon and lay them flat on a cutting board.   Use a large biscuit cutter to cut big circles out of the fruit.  Use a smaller biscuit cutter to cut smaller circles inside the larger one, not cutting all the way through to the bottom.
 

Fill the centers with fresh fruit.




I know that summer is nearly over but there is still time to get a watermelon and make fruit cups.  They're elegant enough to serve at a bridal shower and casual enough to serve at a cookout. 

Ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment