Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dinner in a bag

Busy weekend planned?  You might need to make Tacos-in-a-bag for dinner to feed your family this weekend. 


My mom made these tacos for everyone when we were spending some time at their house two summers ago.  We had so many outstanding meals over the course of our visit but the one that my daughter talked about the most? - tacos in a bag.  She was totally enamored by the concept of eating her dinner out of a Fritos bag - she begged me to make them when we got home.




This week I recreated my mom's famous taco in a bag dinner for my daughter.  I had some leftover ground turkey taco meat in the refrigerator and several small bags of Fritos in the pantry.   Add some shredded cheese and lettuce and viola - dinner was done.







Directions:
Before opening the Fritos, break up the chips by squeezing the bag.  
Scoop some of the ground taco meat on top of the chips.
Add toppings.  (cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, etc.)







These are so handy because they are completely portable.  My daughter ended up eating her taco in a bag in the car on the way to church this week.






This is a great way to use up leftover taco meat without making the same meal twice.   I am willing to bet that your kids will like it just as much as mine do.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment