Monday, November 7, 2011

Guilt Free Fettuccini


I love getting free food in the mail.  Who wouldn't?  Last week, I received this jar of Classico Light Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemakers program.  (Just one of the benefits of being a food blogger.)

Last Friday was super busy for me.  I had spent the entire day in the kitchen working on a cake and then preparing food for a catering order.   I was making good progress so when 5:00 rolled around, the last thing that I wanted to do was stop everything and make dinner for my family.  I decided to scrap the meal that I had planned for dinner and I reached for the Alfredo Sauce instead.








I pulled some Papperdelle pasta out of the pantry and I had some chicken breasts in the refrigerator.  




Ben lit the Big Green Egg and started grilling the chicken while I put the water on to boil the pasta.





I also warmed the Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce in a small saucepan on the stove.  

When the chicken was cooked through, I let it rest for a few minutes while I drained the pasta.  I tossed some of the Alfredo sauce with the pasta and served it in a big pasta bowl.  I sliced the chicken and served it over the pappardelle with more Alfredo drizzled over the top. 

Dinner was ready in under 20 minutes and it was delicious.  I even had time to throw together a quick salad while I waited for the pasta to cook.  We all really liked the Alfredo sauce.  It was light and creamy with a nice complex  flavor.  I typically stear clear of Alfredo simply because of the fat and calories but each serving (1/4 cup) of this sauce has only 60 calories and 5 grams of fat.  I am a fan.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment