Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin Goodness


For me, Thanksgiving morning is all about getting the turkey ready to put either in the oven or on the Big Green Egg to cook.  I don't like to bother with a fussy breakfast on that day so I usually set out some muffins and fruit for everyone to help themselves while I tend to poultry preparations.  My pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are always a big hit with this family.  I baked mine earlier in the week and put them in the freezer to save for Thanksgiving. 

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 2/3 cup flour                                          2 eggs
1 cup sugar                                                1 cup pumpkin
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice          ¼ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon baking soda                           1 cup chocolate chips
¼ teaspoon baking powder

Combine first 5 ingredients.


Stir together pumpkin, egg and melted butter.

 
Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients.


Fold in chocolate chips.  (I used a very generous cup of chocolate chips.)



Fill muffin cups 2/3ds full.  (I filled 14 regular sized muffin cups.)


Bake 20-25 minutes at 350. 



My muffins are all safely stored away in my freezer for Thanksgiving morning.  (Minus one because I had to taste test them this afternoon ... just to make sure they were suitable for eating.) 

While I was waiting for my muffins to bake, I whipped up a batch of Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip cookies for Ben.  He was out of town for most of the week and I thought I would surprise him with some of his favorite cookies when he returned.  We're all glad to have him home again.


What do you eat for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning?  Send me a comment with your breakfast ideas.

Bon Appetit!






No comments:

Post a Comment