Thursday, November 3, 2011

Naughty Dog







We spotted Mia eating something in the front yard yesterday only to find out that it was the tops to the pumpkins!


It's a good thing Halloween was over because she devoured that pumpkin.
I made Honey Brushed Chicken on the Big Green Egg last night for dinner.  I never get tired of grilled chicken but I try to make different variations of it so that my family doesn't get bored with the same old thing.

Honey Brushed Chicken
4 teaspoons garlic powder                    ½ teaspoon red pepper
3 teaspoons chili powder                      8 chicken breasts with ribs
2 teaspoons salt                                      6 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cumin                                 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons paprika







Combine the first 6 ingredients.







Sprinkle over chicken and grill for 20 minutes.











Combine honey and vinegar.  Brush on chicken and grill another 20 minutes. 






It sounds like there is a lot of spice in the recipe but it really pairs nicely with the honey and vinegar.   I love the combination of the sweet and smoky flavors.  You can adjust the level of spice to suit your family's palate.  



The chicken came out super moist and delicious.  I cut mine off the bone and ate it over a big garden salad.


It was really good.  I love warm chicken on a spinach salad.  I intentionally cooked more than enough chicken for 1 meal.  I sliced the leftover chicken and made wraps to pack in the kids lunches the next day.  They love those. 

If your looking for a new way to grill chicken - give this recipe a try.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment