Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New additions to the blog and a lemondrop

Hi Friends.  I have added a couple of new things to my blog that I hope will make things easier for all of us.  First of all, you can click on the "follow by email" link to receive email notification when the blog is updated.  Secondly, I also added links to my recipe index page.  Now you can click on recipes in the index and be instantly redirected to the blog that contains that recipe. Yea!  I'm so excited about all of the support that you have given to my blog and I hope that you will continue to follow it and share it with your friends. 


Have you ever heard of a Lemondrop melon?  I was at Sam's last weekend buying supplies for a catering job and this melon caught my eye.

Since I've never tried a Lemondrop melon before, I decided to buy one and give it a try.





When I cut it open, I thought I had fallen for a scam.  The melon looked and smelled just like a honeydew.  I figured someone put a new name on a honeydew and I had been suckered into buying it because it was called a Lemondrop.


I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted the melon.  It really had a bright lemon flavor.  It's a little deceiving because nothing about the beautiful soft green color would lead you to believe that it tastes like lemon.  I drizzled the melon with a little honey and lime juice and it made a nice addition to my lunch.

If you find a Lemondrop melon at your supermarket - give it a try.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment