Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ready for Fall



I considered taking Mia for a walk in the park this morning but my legs are still recovering from the Plyometric Legs workout that I did yesterday.  I decided to take her to the dog park instead.



Mia reminded me of the kids when I used to take them to the playground.  She was so excited that she jumped out of the car and darted straight to the park.  There was only one other dog there who just happened to be a 9 year old male Wiemaraner.  Mia was in heaven - a dog park AND a playmate!  She ran around like a crazy dog until her playmate had to leave.  Mia really wasn't really all that interested in staying at the park once her friend left - sound familiar?  So we took a quick lap around the lake and then headed home. 

When I got home from the park, I started on a batch of sugar cookie dough.  I was working on some cookies to send to school but I had some leftover dough so I decided to make tiny cookie cutouts.  I don't even remember where I bought these little cookie cutters but I use them quite a bit when I have small scraps of cookie dough leftover.  The kids gobbled them up in no time when they got off the bus.   

Williams Sonoma Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter                     2 ½ cups flour
¾ cup sugar                    1 teaspoon baking powder
3 egg yolks                       ½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla

Beat butter and sugar for 4 minutes.  Add egg yolks.  Add vanilla.  Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.  Divide dough into 4 portions, wrap and refrigerate overnight.  Preheat oven to 350.  Roll dough to ¼“ thickness and cut with cookie cutters.  Place on baking sheets and bake 8 minutes.



Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment