Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yoga Day




 Today was yoga day.  Some days I dread the thought of a 90 minute yoga workout but by the time it's over, I'm glad that I did it.  It feels so good to give my muscles a good stretch.  My flexibility has definitely improved since I started doing yoga. 











For some reason, I was craving a smoothie when I finished my morning workout this morning.  I used this as an excuse to try a new orange pineapple smoothie recipe from one of my favorite blogs, "For the Love of Cooking".










Orange Pineapple Smoothie
1 cup of ice cubes
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 banana
3/4 cup orange juice

I combined all the ingredients in my little Oster blender and voila - smoothie!








I had several errands to run today so I poured my smoothie into a travel mug and off I went.  I enjoyed my refreshing drink as I accomplished my morning "to do' list.  It was so good and it kept me full until lunch time.  I think I am going to have to start making more smoothies - I forgot how good they are. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment